Saturday, November 8, 2008

Card Club Wednesday the 12th

OK. Here is the deal.
We are meeting at Tiffany's house...
Wednesday, November 12th
at 8 or 8:30....Tiffany, will you comment on what time you want to start ;)

Bring either 3 tags for each gal or 1 card for each gal. There are, as of right now, 15 gals.

If you want to do the countdown board, you will need to bring the following

A regular size clipboard, I got mine at Staples for about $1.50. You will need to take off the clip part, and it will make it so there are 2 holes in the top of the board. I just pried them off with a butter knife. Then paint it a color to match whatever paper you are going to use. I would do all of this before Wednesday.

I used one piece of 12 x 12 double sided heavy paper. It needs to be like that heavy scrapbook paper, not the thin stuff. It will rip too easy if it is thin. That was all I needed to cover the board, but I only covered the front, so if you want to cover the back, you will need to use 2 pieces. You will also need about 2 pieces of 2 different colored 12 x 12 plain colored cardstock to do the numbers with.

Embellishments, I picked up stickers, buttons, ribbon, ricrac, whatever I thought would look good with my paper. I also picked up some of those chipboard numbers and letters that are sparkly to do the words and numbers with. They are on sale right now at Robert's and For Every Scrapbook. I can bring my cricket too if any of you would like to use it.

Modge Podge, which I have quite a bit of, but if any of you have some, please bring it so we will have enough, some spongy brushes. I have some of those too.

Ribbons to match your paper to slip through the holes to hang it from.


Let me know if that doesn't make sense. Sorry I am not as good as Tiffany and have it all put together for you. I just thought that everyone might want to pick out their own paper and stuff to match their decor.

Note....I will be late to club this time. It is my boy's football party, so I will be there as soon as it is over. Camie, my sis, is coming to make hers on Monday at my house, and then she is going to show everyone how to get started on Wednesday. These boards are so stinking easy. And pretty quick. And they are so fun, because if you mess up, you just cover it up with something else. The joys of Modge Podge.

3 comments:

Celeste said...

I don't know where Tiff lives...Julie, Jenn...you guys wanna ride together?

Alauna said...

Sounds good! I'm looking forward to it!

Tiffany Fairbanks said...

I say we meet at 8:00 for sure! If you are concerned about getting your supplies, I have tons of supplies here you can pick out what you want from my stash and pay me back. I may be short on the glitter numbers but we can always stamp them and emboss or whatever. If Tanya or Alauna want to bring their cricut then we could do that too with some cardstocks. Just pick up a clipboard and come. You can get the rest here if you want.

It would be great if some of you want to bring treats or such to share. I would LOVE that!! Here's directions to Tiffany’s home:
6341 W. Skyline Dr. S., Highland, Utah

From I-15:
Take the Highland/Alpine exit and head east. You will go quite a ways past IM flash and on. When you see the new Smith’s on your right, you’ll take your next left (north) on Highland Blvd. (Follow the road signs that lead to Draper). Go about 1 mile and turn right (east) on Bull River Road. It winds around for a bit. As you pass a small park on your left you’ll make the next left (north) on Mercer Hollow. Take your next left (west) onto Skyline Drive. My house is the second on the left with black shutters and a porch swing. The house number is over the garage.

From American Fork:
Head north on 100 East until you reach UT-92/Highland Hwy. Turn left (west) until you reach Highland Blvd and turn right (north). (Follow the road signs that lead to Draper). Go about 1 mile and turn right (east) on Bull River Road. It winds around for a bit. As you pass a small park on your left you’ll make the next left (north) on Mercer Hollow. Take your next left (west) onto Skyline Drive. My house is the second on the left with black shutters and a porch swing. The house number is over the garage.

See you then!!