Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Serious Yummy

OK...so I admit I felt guilty after everyone showed up with all that yummy-oh food. I really could and should have done the treats...but then we started snacking and life was oh so happy!! I am so glad you are sharing recipes. Here's my contribution... (this is what we had that night)

Dana’s Pumpkin Cobbler

1 box yellow cake mix
(set aside 1 c. dry mix)
1/2 c. melted butter
4 eggs
1 lg. can pumpkin (29 oz.)
2/3 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. milk
2 tsp. vanilla
2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 c. soft butter
1/4 c. sugar
1 c. chopped pecans

Combine yellow cake mix (minus 1 cup), 1/2 cup butter and 1 egg.
Then pat into 9x13 inch pan.
FILLING: Combine pumpkin, 3 eggs, brown sugar, milk, vanilla,
and cinnamon. Pour over crust.
TOPPING: 1 cup cake, 1/4 cup butter, 1/4 cup sugar, nuts,
(may use a little more butter). Mix together, sprinkle over top
of filling. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 to 50 minutes.
Chill and serve with Cool Whip or vanilla ice cream.

Here's the second request and it really is good. I wish I knew who I got the recipe from but it was in an exchange and there isn't a name on the back...

Sweet Potato Casserole

3 c. sweet potatoes mashed (canned yams work)
1 c. sugar
1 stick margarine
2 eggs (beaten)
1 t. vanilla
½ c. raisins (optional)
1 c. mini marshmallows
Mix all ingredients and pour into a buttered casserole dish.

Topping:
1 c. brown sugar
1 c. chopped pecans
1 c. flour
1 stick margarine melted
Mix all ingredients and sprinkle on top of potatoes.
Bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes.

Oh and by the way... are we meeting in December or is that just madness?

4 comments:

Miller7 said...

Thank you soooo much that cobler was soooo goooood!!!!

Celeste said...

YUMMO! Thanks! I'm not sure about december...it would be a recipe one, right? I think it would be fine to meet since it's a week night, but I'll let everyone else chime in...

Tanya said...

Yummmmmmmm!!!! I really missed out didn't I? :( I think it would be fine to meet in December, but I think we should just meet at a restaurant for dessert and not put the pressure on anyone to have it in their home. December is too busy as it is.
I am fine to do it Dec., or skip it. Either way is good....what does everyone else think?

Jenn said...

I don't have a problem with having recipe swap this month. If we decide to, I think we should do appetizers.